HR Support and HR Consultant
Most legal services are bought in times of distress, for example when facing an employment tribunal claim. But when it comes to HR support, you want an entirely different relationship – it’s about having an effective partnership and working as a team.
A team approach prevents difficulties from arising in the first place because you receive vital input into strategic employment issues before they escalate. It is a smarter way of preventing and managing employment issues.
And remember, there is no clear dividing line between HR support and employment law. The better the knowledge of employment law, the better HR support you receive. With Ben Thornber, you get the best of both.
Benefits of our HR Support
With our HR support, you will
- Waste no time with direct access to a highly experienced employment lawyer and HR practitioner.
- Have clarity because you get practical and commercial advice, provided on time to agreed timescales.
- Have less worry with help and advice on managing and reducing the legal risks from employing staff.
- Be in control and up to date via an annual employment health check and regular newsletters.
- Build better profits by being more proactive about getting the best out of your staff.
Fees and Retainers
We do not believe in a one-size fits all fee structure. Some businesses prefer to receive the advice on an ad-hoc, hourly rate, basis. For many other businesses, it makes sense to have a retainer so that you can budget and plan. There can also be retainers which cover advice helplines only, or other more complex retainers which provide all-inclusive services.
Unlike many other HR service providers, our retainer contracts have no extended tie-ins or minimum periods, and they can all be ended on one month’s notice.
We will discuss options with you to ensure you have the best fee structure which suits your needs, not ours.
HR Support Services
Every business has different HR support requirements. Here are some of the services you can receive
- Employment Contract & Staff Handbook
- Audit and Healthcheck
- Disciplinaries and grievances
- Performance and absence management
Contact Us – Expert HR Support and Advice
With Ben Thornber, you get someone who has the know-how, personality and practical no-nonsense style to advise you on any employment issue and deliver the results you need. Based in Dunfermline, Ben advises businesses in Fife and across Scotland. Give Ben a call on 01383 27 2000 or fill out our online enquiry form to arrange your free initial discussion.